08 October 2012

Sabbatical

I last blogged on May 28th.

Today is October 8th.

I thought about making up an excuse about why it's been four months since I wrote anything - exile to a leper colony?  Amnesia after a horrifying cruise ship accident? Early onset Alzheimers, with no memory of my blog address or password?

Nah.  Good old fashioned laziness is pretty much the truth, and the truth just set me free.

Maybe "lazy" isn't the best word for it, because the last four months have been wild.  The Mister has been very ill with diabetes-related issues for a few months; the Girl had pneumonia for a couple of weeks; the Boy remains mostly naughty and quarrelsome; and I have been on extended pity parades into Caregiverland.

Work is, well, it's work - otherwise they would call it something else.  When I try to answer my daughter's question about what do I do at work, it comes out all lame and boring. 


"Well, sweetie, I talk on the phone a lot and go to several meetings,
and I use the computer for most of the day, and I.."
 
"Mommy, do you make stuff?"
 
"Um, well, no."
 
"Do you sell stuff?"
 
"Not exactly."
 
"Do you take care of people like a doctor or a nurse?"
 
"No, baby.  Mommy works for an insurance company."
 
"Oh.  I see."


More next time, which won't be four months from now.

No comments: