23 October 2011

Missing In Action

Wow, I haven't blogged in over four months - wonder what's up with that? A lot has happened since we last spoke, but rather than a windy, diary-like account, here's a quick summary.

-- I quit my stupid job and went back to my former employer in a much better job.

-- I am currently traveling like a crazy woman for my new job, and struggling unsuccessfully to keep up with all of my personal belongings. It seems that I leave something of significant value nearly everytime I travel. Happily and miraculously, all of my belongings have been returned to me - I am a devout fan of TSA. Search away, brave public servant!

-- I didn't think it was possible to love my family more than ever, but I do. All of this time on airplanes and in lonely hotels has given me a new appreciation of how very blessed I am to live with (and be loved by) these three wonderful people.

-- Pretty darn fond of the dog, too. Though I am jetting all over the southeastern US, eating out several times a week and accumulating scads of frequent flyer miles, my favorite place to be is on my corner of the couch, with the dog snoring on my lap and the family all hooting at some goofy sitcom.

-- Got a new (used) car. It's a black Ford Edge that I think may have belonged to a gangsta, although the car dealer tried to give us the whole "little old lady who only drove it on Sundays" routine. Little old lady, my foot. It's got some flashy wheels, Pirelli tires, and candy-apple red stitching to match the black and red leather interior. It suits me wonderfully.

Back soon...certainly won't be another four months.

No comments: